• Fly same flight path as 617 'Dambuster' Squadron
• Helicopter flies over Derwent Valley for 30mins
• Route back in chopper includes Chatsworth House
• A carvery meal for each passenger afterwards
Sightseeing and history combined on this Dambusters Helicopter Tour! Setting off from a location between Sheffield and Chesterfield in a luxury helicopter, you will follow the same flight path as the pilots from 617 squadron over the iconic double dam and take in some of most recognisable sights of the Peak District too. To put your Dambuster day out in perspective, we go back to March 1943, when the 617 Lancaster Squadron trained for a top secret mission. The training was conducted along the Derwent Valley. It turned out the mission was the now famous "Dam Busters" raid on the Ruhr Valley in Germany and this tour brings this significant moment in history to life for you in a wonderful way. As well as seeing the dams from the air, these really rather special helicopter sightseeing tours give you the opportunity to fly back to base in a southerly direction, taking in Chatsworth House and superb Derbyshire countryside that surrounds it. Once back to base, you are invited for a carvery meal at the Moorlands Pub, making it an ideal family day out. This Dambusters Helicopter Tour has got to be one of the most exciting of our sightseeing experience days. Not only will you be flying over some truly beautiful countryside on the day but you'll also get an insight into what it may have felt like for those heroes practicing for their daring WW2 missions.
• Pre-flight safety briefing• Flight time of approximately 30 minutes• Carvery Lunch at The Moorlands (extra meals can be paid for locally for friends and family)• You will be sharing your helicopter ride with up to six other passengers.
Did you know you can give this
deal as a personalised gift voucher?
• Selected weekend dates from March to October
Location: • Owler Bar, Derbyshire
Price checked & discount may take into account Mighty Deals Promos
May buy multiples.
Discount Is calculated Using the 'worth' of the item and the price at which Mighty Deals is selling it. P&P is not included in this calculation.